Departure - Cabanas
4h boat tour in the Ria Formosa Natural Park with a stop for lunch in Santa Luzia, the Capital of the Octopus.
The octopus is one of the most coveted mollusks in the Algarve. The number of ways to cook it is immense. On this tour, which starts in Cabanas and takes you to Tavira Island, you can learn more about the importance of this species for local populations, the ways of artisanal fishing and, of course, you can taste the various local traditional dishes. Octopus rice, lagareiro octopus, grilled octopus roe, or dry octopus are some of the recipes you can try in Santa Luzia where we stop for 1h30m, before heading to the fabulous Terra Estreita beach (stop 30m).
- Salt farms
- Oyster, cockle and clam nurseries (farms)
- Cabanas Island
- Tavira Island
- Good restaurants
- Fishermen’s Quarter
- Fauna of Ria Formosa
- Flora of the Ria Formosa
- Quatro Aguas area
- Santa Luzia
- Barra de Tavira
- Church of Nossa Srª do Mar
- Fort of S. João da Barra
- Swim in the ocean and Ria Formosa Lagoon
- Walk on the beach
- Bird observation and identification
- Departure from Cabanas – Barra de Tavira – Tavira Island – Quatro Águas – Santa Luzia (1h30 stop for lunch, price not included)
- Beach Terra Estreita (30mins stop)
- Return to Cabanas
If you are on vacation and are unable to find the transport to the place where your tour starts, our team will arrange your transport (an additional cost).